Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Platform: Windows XP, Nero Burning ROM, Windows Media Player, Windows Mobile

From our buddy Mr. Wizard: A while back I read an article that disabling the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service will improve performance in Ahead Nero because Windows was conflicting for access to the burner. I disabled it, didn't really notice a big difference but left it disabled. A few weeks later I found that I lost the ability to sync my Windows Media Player 10 to my Dell Axim. WMP wouldn't see the Axim at all. Googling didn't turn anything up, but the event log had an obscure message saying the
ImapiService couldn't start that coincided with my trying to sync. I re-enabled the IMAPI service, and everything works great again.



Screen and transfer your cell phone calls. CallWave…It’s what’s next for your cell phone. Try it risk-FREE!